Friday, May 23, 2008

3, 2, 1...

3 bottles of wine. A white with lunch, a rose' on the terrace in the early evening, a rossi for dinner in gagnano. this town is incredible, sitting on lago garda at the base of the mountains. strolled in in the evening, expecting nothing really and found the most beautiful place i have ever seen. a wonderful piazza (plaza) nestled down on the waterfront with cafes and restaurants everywhere. people milling about, enjoying wine tastings, shopping, the scenery. orange trees everywhere, and lemon. the highest growing lemon trees anywhere in the world says allison! a small metaphor for life, just keep poking around and you never know what you might find. i could stay here forever.
2 pizzas. they are unlike any you have ever had (save dan's backyard). thin, uncut, light on toppings, and delicious. maybe even healthy? not like the shit we have at home which seems to be a contest on who can stuff the most toppings onto something - these are simple and fantastic.
1 gelato. best ice cream in the world. fersh italian gelato is amazing, especially when made from those same high growing lemon trees!
an amazing way to start the trip, dan and allison are great company and this places takes care of the rest. off to find alleghe and the tour group, a bike, tom and anna marie, and start getting to work...
Ciao!

2 comments:

Roland Carfagno said...

Dude: When I was 8 years old my parents took us to "Torri del Benaco" on lago di garda. To date it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to and it holds my most enchanted childhood memory. We had a bungalo set up on the hillside and every evening we would stroll in to the piazza and I remember ordering "limos" and the gelato! like you said -- the best on earth! When I did the obligatory Eurail pass, post-graduation trip, I insisted that my buddy and I stop somewhere on lago di garda and we did in Desenzano. Awesome again! Truly a magical place ... thanks for taking me back there!

Brad Holbrook said...

I hate you and you suck ....BOTH of you!!! I want some Pictures!! ASS!